Conference Location & Accommodations
The 36th Annual Sharing the Fire Northeast Storytelling Conference is being held this year in scenic Plymouth, Massachusetts. We hope you will join us!
Stay with us at Hotel 1620
180 Water Street
The newly remodeled Hotel 1620 at Plymouth Harbor features a contemporary coastal ambiance with new lobby, guest rooms and banquet facilities. Don’t forget to bring your swimsuit for a dip in the pool.
LANES has reserved a block of rooms at the Hotel 1620. Use the code LANES2017 when booking online.
This year we will enjoy three meals together at Hotel1620. Saturday banquet buffet, Sunday breakfast (for the Members Meeting), and a final lunch buffet on Sunday. All three meals are included with full conference registration. The Saturday banquet is included with the Saturday-only registration.
Friday night dinner and Saturday lunch are not included as part of the conference. However, there are many restaurants within walking distance or a short drive away.
Parking is onsite with no fee.
- Plymouth Antiques, Shopping & Dining – next door
- Village Landing Marketplace – across the parking lot
- Plymouth Rock and Pilgrim Hall Museum – 0.4 mile
- National Monument to the Forefathers – 0.5 mile
- Myles Standish Monument – 0.6 mile
- Jenney Museum – 0.7 mile
- Plimoth Plantation – 2.9 miles
- Plymouth Long Beach – 3 miles
- Colony Place (shopping/restaurants) – 5 miles
- Cape Cod – 20 miles
- Sandwich Glass Museum – 21 miles
- Boston – 40 miles
- Providence – 53 miles
We encourage folks to carpool to the conference. You may post to the LANES-L listserv to connect with others interested in carpooling.
Non-members wishing to carpool may contact Jo Radner at email@example.com. She will post a message for you.
- Logan International Airport
Logan (Boston) is about 40 miles north of Hotel 1620
- Plymouth & Brockton Street Railway Co. (P&B) is a regularly scheduled year-round luxury motorcoach service between Logan International Airport, downtown Boston, the South Shore, Plymouth and all of Cape Cod.