CALL FOR OLIO CONCERT SUBMISSIONS
SATURDAY NIGHT, March 24, 2018
SHARING THE FIRE 2018 – The Northeast Storytelling Conference & Festival
March 23-25, 2018
Hotel 1620, 180 Water Street, Plymouth, Massachusetts
DEADLINE: Submissions must be received by midnight (EDT) Friday, October 20, 2017.
NOTIFICATIONS: You will receive an email when your submission has been received. If you do not receive this email, please contact Deb Roe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INVITATIONS: If your story is accepted you will receive an invitation from NEST in December.
Eligibility to Tell at the Olio
- You must be a NEST member as of October 20, 2017. Note: NEST membership is free the first year for full-time students.
- You must register for the Sharing the Fire Conference (registration will be online after mid-December). Scholarships may be available for those needing financial assistance.
- You must own the copyright to the story, or be able to produce written permission to tell and record the story. A folktale should be your own adaptation, or you must have written permission to tell someone else’s version of it.
- Tellers who performed in the 2017 STF olio are not eligible to perform in 2018.
- Submit only one story.
- Stories up to 12 minutes in length are the norm, but submissions up to 24 minutes long will be considered; longer stories will be disqualified. (Note: it is rare that we accept stories longer than 12 minutes, since they must be exceptional to justify taking up two time slots in the concert.) Send us your best!
- Listen to your story after recording; make sure it is audible and clear. Inaudible or garbled recordings will not be considered.
Instructions for Submissions: Stories may be submitted either as audio or video. The following formats are acceptable
YouTube/Vimeo/Dropbox links – Send an email to email@example.com. Please include the story title, a short one-sentence description, length of audio/video, and the link to the audio/video. THIS IS THE PREFERRED FORMAT.
CD or DVD – Mail to: NEST/attn: Deb Roe, 16 Woodland Drive, Granby, CT 06035 Please include your name, email, title of story, a short one-sentence description, and length of audio/video. In your packet, include a SASE for the return of your CD/DVD if you wish it to be returned.
DEADLINE: Midnight (EDT), Friday, October 20, 2017