Conference Location & Accommodations
The 37th Annual Sharing the Fire Northeast Storytelling Conference is being held this year in scenic Plymouth, Massachusetts. We hope you will join us!
Stay with us at Hotel 1620. Use the code STORY2018 to reserve your room.
180 Water Street
The newly remodeled Hotel 1620 at Plymouth Harbor features a contemporary coastal ambiance with new lobby, guest rooms and banquet facilities. Don’t forget to bring your swimsuit for a dip in the pool.
NEST has reserved a block of rooms at the Hotel 1620. Use the code STORY2018.
Friday night dinner and Saturday lunch are not included as part of the conference. However, there are many restaurants within walking distance or a short drive away.
Across the parking lot in the Village Marketplace (170 Water Street), you’ll find
Blue-Eyed Crab Grill and Raw Bar
170 Water Street, Plymouth, MA 02360 508-747-6776 | Visit Website
Patrizia’s Italy Trattoria
170 Water Street, Plymouth, MA 02360 508-747-0015 | Visit Website
Plymouth WaterFront Bar
170 Water Street, Plymouth, MA 02360
508-591-8393 | Visit Website
Peaceful Meadows Ice Cream
Piece of Cake Cupcakes
(their cupcakes get a thumbs up from our local expert, Andrea Lovett)
If you’re willing to travel a bit farther, there are other options …
15 Town Wharf, Plymouth, MA 02360
508-746-0261 | Visit Website
Rock Bottom Seafood
2234 State Rd, Plymouth, MA 02360
508-888-6678 | Visit Website
The New World Tavern
56 Main St, Plymouth, MA 02360
508-927-4250 | Visit Website
East Bay Grille
173 Water Street, Plymouth, MA 02360
508-746-9751 | Visit Website
25 Town Wharf, Plymouth, MA 02360
508-746-2270 | Visit Website
Parking is onsite with no fee.
- Plymouth Antiques, Shopping & Dining – next door
- Village Landing Marketplace – across the parking lot
- Plymouth Rock and Pilgrim Hall Museum – 0.4 mile
- National Monument to the Forefathers – 0.5 mile
- Myles Standish Monument – 0.6 mile
- Jenney Museum – 0.7 mile
- Plimoth Plantation – 2.9 miles
- Plymouth Long Beach – 3 miles
- Colony Place (shopping/restaurants) – 5 miles
- Cape Cod – 20 miles
- Sandwich Glass Museum – 21 miles
- Boston – 40 miles
- Providence – 53 miles
We encourage folks to carpool to the conference. You may post to the LANES-L listserv to connect with others interested in carpooling.
Non-members wishing to carpool may contact Jo Radner at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will post a message for you.
- Logan International Airport
Logan (Boston) is about 40 miles north of Hotel 1620
- Providence Airport
This airport is about 65 miles south of Plymouth but may be more convenient for some
- Plymouth & Brockton Street Railway Co. (P&B) is a regularly scheduled year-round luxury motorcoach service between Logan International Airport, downtown Boston, the South Shore, Plymouth and all of Cape Cod.